Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Java Joy

Photo by: Rory M.
I absolutely love flowers, and consider them the most romantic gift. That said, I like to keep them alive and looking fresh for as long as possible, and I think I've stumbled on the secret: coffee.

Coffee does wonders for sleepy Rory in an 8AM class, but flowers? When I brought these babies home, I realized that I had no vase to keep them in. So, I trimmed the stems and filled up one of my old coffee travel mugs with water, and placed them inside. As I prepared the mug, I noticed that there was old coffee residue near the bottom, and wondered what effect (if any) it would have on the flowers.

The result? The most vibrant, healthy, and firm flowers I've ever cared for. So, next time someone gives you flowers, give those babies some caffeine and watch them do as Rory does during 8AM classes- come alive!

Rory

No comments:

Post a Comment