Wednesday, January 2, 2013

365 Self-Portrait Challenge


I'm not big into New Year's Resolutions. I generally feel that if there's something you can do to better yourself and your quality of life, why wait? Just go for it.

However, I recently read about a photographer who took self-portraits for every day of a year. I liked the concept for these reasons:

  • I'm making time to do something creative everyday.
  • I have the freedom to experiment.
  • My subject is constant, and is always available to me. 
  • I'm blogging for personal use everyday.
  • I will be forced to be creative with my shots to avoid repetition.
  • Practice makes perfect! I am working on my photography skills. 

So here goes. I will take a self-portrait for every day of 2013. I invite anyone with a recommendation, or even a challenge, to participate in this goal with me. I have experienced great teaching and encouragement this past year, and look forward to growing more in 2013!

Rory 


2 comments:

  1. Inside-out self-portrait. Capture yourself made up to look like you are inside-out, your outsides made up to look like your insides, with each outside area representing it's corresponding inside area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea, but I'm not sure what I look like inside...Why don't I just buy an x-ray machine and go to town with it?

    ReplyDelete