Friday, August 24, 2012

Promenade

Photo by: Rory M.
pro-me-nade: to display or exhibit (someone or oneself)

Photo by: Rory M.
Although I was dying for a more personal outlet in the blogosphere, I still had this nagging feeling that I was an unnecessary, and even unwanted, addition. This is a tough feeling to combat, but it's one I think every blogger feels. After all, aren't we supposed to be meek and humble? And isn't publishing your thoughts and accomplishments the opposite of that? Some would argue that it is. However, that same logic can be applied to some of the most inspiring musicians, writers, artists, scientists, and cultural contributors that have ever lived. I don't consider myself a great cultural contributor, not by any means, but what these people have in common that they didn't let the fear of scrutiny hold them back from what they wanted to do. When I'm being truly honest, I know that that's the real fear. Even if my mom is the only one to read this, at least that's one fear I can knock off my list.

Thanks for reading, Mom. 

Rory

No comments:

Post a Comment